Over two years ago, I did a series of posts on Inviato featuring several wonderful Unique Family Culinary Vacations. It was one of my favorites to write and to date is still the most widely read of my posts. I am excited to revisit this theme with some new and really unique programs (there is not one I wouldn’t want to go on myself) I have discovered. And most combine cooking with other activities such as yoga, biking or (my favorite and yes, it is an activity. Really.) window-shopping.
This time, though, most of the culinary adventures I am presenting are adult-only . . . meaning you might have to leave the kids behind. That may not be a bad thing.
- A culinary retreat in the Mexican Jungle overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Daily yoga and fresh-squeezed margaritas guaranteed at the end of every class.
- A weekend of basque cooking and tastings at a historic Belle Epoque hotel right on the beach in San Sebastian – Spain’s epicurean capital.
- A luxury “Chef On Wheels” bike tour in Provence with a private James Beard award-winning chef, visiting vineyards and local markets along the way.
- A 5-day culinary immersion course on the gorgeous isle of Capri – discover secret addresses, tour the island with a private driver and learn how to make the best Caprese recipes.
- Hands-on Artisan Workshops at Auberge Resorts Calistoga Ranch and Auberge Du Soleil in Napa Valley learning how to make bread, salami, sausage and cheese.
- And first up tomorrow …Two equally wonderful yet very different truffle-hunting programs (with dogs, not pigs!) – one in a private Medieval Castle dating back to 1100 A.D. in Umbria and another in a luxurious Relais & Chateaux property in Provence.